This policy provides emergency medical coverage for sickness and accident. You can purchase coverage limits up to $300,000.00. Persons age 79 and under can choose whether or not to cover stable pre-existing conditions (120 day stability period). There is no coverage for pre-existing conditions if you are age 80 or more.
There is a short application to complete.
To be eligible for coverage you must:
a) Be at least 15 days old;
b) On the effective date, not be insured or eligible for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan;
c) Be in good health at the time you purchase your policy and on the effective date, and know of no reason why you would attend any medical consultation during the period of coverage.
Coverage is NOT AVAILABLE to any individual who:
a) Has been diagnosed with a terminal illness;
b) Has Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV);
c) Has been prescribed or used home oxygen treatment in the last 12 months;
d) Has been diagnosed with or treated for congestive heart failure;
e) Has had a major organ transplant (heart, kidney, liver, lung); or
f) Has received kidney dialysis treatment in the last 12 months.
- Provides emergency medical coverage for sickness and accident.
- Covers stable pre-existing conditions up to age 79 (120 day stability).
- There is coverage outside Canada up to 49% of the policy term.
- Maximum one year policy.
- Eligible for the "Super Visa" program.
- Age 0 to 79 - $10,000.00, $25,000.00, $50,000.00, $100,000.00, $150,000.00, $300,000.00
- Age 80 to 85 - $10,000.00, $25,000.00, $50,000.00
- Age 86 and over - $10,000.00, $25,000.00
- Age 0 to 85 - $0, $250.00, $500.00, $1,000.00
- Age 86 and over - $500.00
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
- Semi-private hospital accommodation
- Services of physician, surgeon, anesthetist
- Diagnostics, lab test and/or x-ray
- Licensed local land and/or sea ambulance to the nearest hospital
- Private duty services of a registered graduate nurse up to $10,000.00
- Rental of medical appliances
Drugs or Medications
- Up to $500.00 not exceeding a one-month supply
- Physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, podiatrist when ordered by the attending physician up to $500.00 per practitioner for out-patient treatment
Emergency Air Transportation/Return Home
- When pre-approved by SelectCare
Transportation of Family
- Up to $3,000.00 to transport one family member or close friend and up to $1,000.00 for meals and accommodation
- Up to $3,000.00 for follow-up visits
- Up to $3,000.00 for emergency treatment for accidental blow to the face
- Up to $500.00 for the immediate relief of acute dental pain
Meals and Accommodation
- Up to $150.00 per day to a maximum of $1,500.00 when hospitalized
Emergency Return Home
- Up to $3,000.00 for the additional cost of a one-way economy transportation
Return of Deceased
- Up to $10,000.00 for return or remains or up to $4,000.00 for cremation or burial at place of death
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Up to the maximum sum insured not to exceed $150,000.00 for loss of life, limb or sight resulting from an accidental injury
- Up to a maximum sum insured of $50,000.00
Choice of coverage for stable pre-existing conditions or no coverage for stable pre-existing conditions.
Excellent family rate, twice the rate of the oldest person covers the whole family.
Please refer to the policy wording for complete benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions.