What is it?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced Super Visa for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada. The purpose of this is for faster family re-unification.
Previously, wait times for parental sponsorship applications took up to eight years to process while the Super Visa can be issued in eight weeks.
Super Visa Components
- It is a multiple entry visa for a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- It is valid for up to 10 years
- Family members can stay up to 24 months at a time
- Provide proof of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Undergone a medical examination and is admissible on health grounds
- Satisfactory evidence of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company valid for a minimum period of one year from the date of entry which covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation
- Provides minimum $100,000.00 coverage
- Is valid for each entry into Canada and available for review by the examining officer upon request
- Provides a written and signed promise of financial support
Click here to get a quote.
For more information go to the following page Visiting Canada: Parent and Grandparent Super Visa